Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Fast growing Urgent care company is looking for an Experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant to join our team. We offer a strong benefit package. Hours of operation are Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m. 8:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday 12:00pm to 6:00pm.
If you are interested in joining our team of health care professionals, please fill out an application online.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
The Physician Assistant will provide support to the doctors’ and be responsible for providing direct preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic healthcare services and apply medical techniques and principles under the direction of a physician and will deal with a diverse set of patients offering them care and encouragement.
• Perform complete, detailed and accurate histories, review patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports, and order laboratory, radiological and diagnostic studies appropriate for complaint, age, race, sex and physical condition of the patient.
• Do complete physical examinations and record pertinent data in acceptable medical forms.
• Issue appropriate prescriptions and administer medicine.
• Inform physicians about any problems or discrepancies that might arise.
• Monitor patients’ progress and keep records of treatments, surgeries or other medical events.
• Attend to emergencies.
• Provide help during surgeries.
• Prepare patients for examinations and conduct routine procedures (measure blood pressure and temperature, administer injections, etc.
• Provide therapeutic treatments (disinfecting wounds, stitching, etc.)
• Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for the patients.
• Comply strictly with medical care regulations and safety standards.
• Collaborate effectively with team members of various specializations.
• BSC/MA in Physician Assistant Studies, Health Science or Medical Science.
• Possession of a license to practice as physician assistant from the state where practice is to be done.
• Proven working experience as a physician assistant or nurse.
• Knowledge of medical guidelines and procedures regarding examination, therapy and recovery.
• Must have experience in reading X-rays, suturing and strong assessment skills.
• Familiarity with advancements in medical technology and current know-how.
• Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to provide expert clinical judgment and function independently.
• Possession of exceptional communication and interpersonal skills that enable effective collaboration with physicians, staff, community health workers, patients and their families.
• Ability to understand complex medial information and clearly communicate it to patients and their families, medical staff, and external customers, in written and spoken format.
• Possession of conflict resolution and problem solving skills to effectively manage conflict in work environment.
• Ability to keep all sensitive and confidential information to self and out of reach to unauthorized persons.
• Bilingual and DOT Certified.
**Please note, this facility is a free standing emergency room.**
For questions please contact us at 210-305-1017.