Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care as determined for Emergency Department patients. In performing his/her professional practice the LVN is responsible for maintaining quality cost effectiveness and guest relations. Care will include individualized, holistic, family cantered and safe care. Customer service is a priority and is expected to be a top priority of the LVN.
- Associate Degree Nurse as required for LVN licensure
- Nurse with current Texas license
- Minimum of 1 years emergency room experience, urgent care experience or comparable clinical experience
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS.
- Strong skills in both oral and written format
- Must be flexible and service oriented
- Problem solving abilities with the ability to intervene immediately and awareness of changing conditions that may require additional assistance, (Critical-thinking)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Courtesy and Respect for every staff member
- Follow up on all send out lab specimens with accurate-documentation and physician notification.
- Performs all daily lab and equipment checks for Quality Assurance.
- Performs follow up and return phone calls
- Maintains the facility in clean working order In accordance with OSHA and reports any equipment failure or deficiencies to the Clinic Manager.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and documents accurately in the patient chart.
- Responsible for working closely with the Front Desk and the provider on duty.
- Monitors supply every shift arid reports shortages when noted.
- Reviews company emails throughout every shift as this will be the primary means of communication
- Accurately documents any incidents and reports to the Clinic Manager and Provider on duty.
- Uses biohazard containers correctly
- Comply with all federal regulation including but not limited to HIPPA, CMS and CLIA
- Empties sharps containers in a timely and safe manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Provider on duty
- Carry out duties as defined by Clinic Manager and CNO within the scope of practice for a LVN
- Performs duties in a fast-paced urgent care.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit; The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.
For any questions regarding this position, please contact us at 210-305-1017.
Location: Mexia/Waco, TX